Sunday, August 10, 2008

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse

I must confess. I bought this product because the can was purple and green. Which was why I picked it up in the first place. I fell in "love" with the packaging and even the description of the product. So sad, but it's true.I especially like the phrase "Get one curl bouncing and it's contagious."

But even with such a clever phrase I didn't place much hope it it actually working. It smells good. The smell wasn't even annoying and it lasted on my hair some days and other days not. It's main claim to fame is that it will keep humidity out and give curls a lush boost. It also claims to make hair shiny and springy with the extracts french lavender and jade.

So I tried it. When I put it into my hair wet it made my curls longer with a little wave to them. Which is good. But about three-five hours later I either had a lot of frizz or the curls looked shrunken but still there. I didn't have any shine although my hair was not dull. Overall, it's pretty good if you only need three to four hour hair. I used it everyday and it didn't dry up my hair.(the directions say to use a blow dryer and I tried twice but that's when my hair dried up)

So on to the ingredients. This product has a hazard rating of 7 out of ten on cosmeticdatabase.com. Which is pretty high. Ingredients are linked with cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and neurotoxicity. (Oh yeah, and it actually contains Propane.)

There were only two ingredients I liked and they were the extracts. The French Lavender and the Jade Extract. Go Figure

No comments:

Post a Comment