Sunday, November 8, 2009

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo and Olive Oil Replenishing Pack

I tried both of these when I had a relaxer. I used the Olive Oil relaxer and both of these came in the box. I remember liking the relaxer but not being impressed with the rest of the included products.

I picked it up anyway although if my hair didn't like it with a perm it most likelywas not going to like it in it's natural state.

I was MAD at the price. Both of them were $6.99 which is pretty hefty for something drugstore. They're both 12.5 ounces.

I'll start with the shampoo.

It's claims:
ORGANIC Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo moisturizes and neutralizes hair leaving it tangle free and soft after every shampoo. When used regularly it can help prevent calcium, magnesium, iron build-up on the hair and protects it from environmental elements. Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo is a rich blend of Olive Oil and Aloe Vera that soothes, moisturizes, and protects hair and scalp.

It's a creamy greenish hue that smells like cheap bubble bath and margarine. Something like that. It takes a lot for me to get a decent lather. With this your supposed to shampoo twice using generous amounts and the second time leave it on three to five minutes. For me it just doesn't do anything that I can't get from a cheaper shampoo. My hair isn't any less stripped or more moisturized. And as for the ingredients. Organic what? I don't really know how well it works at removing iron, magnesium, or calcium though.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide Dea, Lauryl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Trideceth-7 Carboxilic Acid, PPG-5 Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Sulfated Castor Oil, Lecithin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Oleate, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide-Mea, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-10, Cetyl Triethylmonium Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Aloe Barbendensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Lilial, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Silicone Quaternium-2 Panthenol Succinate, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 42053 (Green #3), CI 19140 (Yellow #5).


So many ingredients but not necessarily good ingredients.

Now for the Replenishing Conditioner.

It's claims:
Helps Restore Moisture and Rebuild Damaged Hair.

It's a light orange conditioner that smells like oranges. I like the smell. But the texture is not as creamy as what I like it to be. The directions state applying it and sitting under a hooded dryer for 10-15 minutes or an hour without heat. I've tried it both ways and just do not get great results. It's no better than what an instant conditioner would do for me. It is rather popular on the hair boards though so I suggest giving it a try.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua) , Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja) , Glycerine , Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , Orange Oil (Citrus Aupantium Dulcis), Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicarpylate, PPg-Trideceth 6, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Silk Amino Silk Acids, PEG 9 Dimethicone, Chamomile Extract (Anthemis Nobilis) , Sage Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Nettle Extract (Urtica Dioica) , Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbedensis) ,Yarrow Extract (Achilea Millefolium) , Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinensis) , Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , EDTA, Triethanolamine,DMDM Hydantoin , Methylchlorothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone, CI Yellow No. 6 15985) , Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140)

The conditioner has some good ingredients but by no means would I consider it organic.

They didn't work for me but I have read some really good reviews. I can't recommend it based on the price and the way it worked for me but I know it works really well for others. Also these seem to disappear fast.












No comments:

Post a Comment