Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't You Hate It When....

This doesn't happen to me as much now but when I had a relaxer I would always get women telling me what products to use in my hair. Now I won't claim to be a know it all when it comes to hair, BUT my hair was long, thick and healthy. The girls giving me advice had chewed up, dry brittle hair.

I would usually just smile and act as though I were gonna take their advice when what I was actually doing was putting their recommendations on a list of products NOT to try.

It doesn't happen to me now that I'm natural. Well, at least not as often. But last week someone did try to recommend a hair product to me. And she wasn't even natural. I love product reccomendations, but it's all in how you reccomend them. This girls hair was "jacked up". And I'm putting it nicely. As she recommended certain products to me I had to fight the urge to burst out laughing in her face.

Maybe I'm being mean. Has this ever happened to you? What do you do?