Thursday, February 4, 2010

OMG YOU USE WHITE PEOPLE PRODUCTS!!!!

Ok. Well, this has bothered me for awhile. Freshman year I had a conversation with someone about "white people products". Sometimes, people say such ignorant stuff but luckily I'm pretty good at holding my tongue.

She basically said her hair was "too nappy" for white people products. As though the ingredients they put in products marketed towards white people know how to discriminate against her hair. And as though all white people have silky hair that needs minimal styling and conditioning. (ummm yeah NOOOOOOOOOOO, let's not pretend we've never seen a white person with dry hair). But that's another topic.

Yes, I acknowledge that different hair types need different products but sometimes just because it's marketed to a certain demographic does not mean it cannot work in your hair. When are people going to realize that that is just what it is. MARKETING.

Well, that's just my rant for today.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand close minded people. Some of that black people stuff on the shelf was made by white people. Some of that white/ black people stuff were made by the same company but you can't convince some people of that. I have realized that it doesn't matter who's in their ad or what selection of the isle their in, if it has something in it that works with my hair I'm on it.
    Shout out to Aussie Moist and Naked Naturals Shea Butter & Avocado!!! Where you at?!?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..
    Aussie Moist has been on my to try list forever...
    And your right, I wish some people would find the hairboards so they can learn about hair products. Usually I just laugh and roll my eyes when people come at me telling me I shouldn't use "white people products"
    But it still kinda gets on my nerves..smh

    ReplyDelete