Monday, March 22, 2010

The Hurt Locker


I was bored and when I'm bored you can usually find me on youtube. I was looking for something to watch and found the entire movie posted. Even though this is outside my genre, I usually stick to thrillers and comedy, I thought I'de give it a go since it won so many awards.

This movie had me on edge the entire time. It is the first movie to depict the War in Terrorism in Iraq. I'm a military brat and spent almost all my life on or near a base. During my last few years  of high school I lived on an army base and many of my classmates would have parents that were deployed. To think this is what they go through is....WOW.

Now I don't agree with the war in Iraq but I will always support the men and women that make so many sacrifices for America. My heart goes out to all that have lost loved ones in this war.

But anyway, this move was worth watching and has truly been an eye-opener for me. If you have some free time or are looking for a movie to watch I highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment