Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

I used to use this lotion in highschool. I would use it religiously because I wanted my strectch marks to dissapear. Plus it's supposed to smooth the skin out. I used to put it on twice a day. I suppose it worked because where I used to have really dark, stretch marks, I now have relatively lightened stretch marks. But anyway, I got this big 32 ounce bottle for about 2 dollars and some change. Not bad.

It's Claims:
Soothes and softens hands, face and body
Natural protection from sun and wind
A blend of natural cocoa butter and pure lanolin in a non-greasy moisturizing base. Helps protect skin from the sun; excellent for use on skin over-exposed to sun or wind.
Helps restore and control essential moisture balance, and prevent dry skin wrinkles, lines and "crow's feet". Soothes and softens dry, irritated, chapped or sunburn skin. Also helps relieve stretched skin during and after pregnancy.

The smell is kind of nostalgic for me. Brings me back to those careless high school days. It smells very "beachy" with maybe just a hint of coconut. Yummy. The scent does stick around for a minute. It does fade eventually. The texture of it is runny. It isn't the thickest lotion you'll come across. I can get past that. I would recommend it mostly for summer. In the dry winter weather you might have to apply alot or reapply. I don't have too many problems with it though in the winter. My skin feels all smooth when I put it on. I can even use it on my face without problems.

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Red 40, D&C Red 33

The ingredients pretty much suck. I like seeing Cocoa Butter as the 2nd ingredient at least.

But despite the ingredients, I like this. It's nice for the price. I think this is the only Queen Helene product I like so far.

Thanks for Reading!!

3 comments:

  1. The stretch marks would have lightened anyway. Your propensity for getting stretch marks is genetic, any even if they are ugly and frustrating when they develop, they'll usually lighten up in a few months.

    I just hear a lot of people (and businesses) touting that cocoa butter is the reason they/their customers don't have/didn't get stretch marks but it's not the case.

    I'm not posting to be mean, by the way. I just want people to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get a $1.00 off in-store coupon for any Queen Helene product if you follow the link below. Feel free to pass it on to friends who might also want to give them a try. Enjoy!

    www.bit.ly/QH_Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MD- Thanks for the info. But my stretch marks developed in elementary school. They didn't lighten until high school when I began slathering lotion on. I'de still like to attribute the lightening to cocoa butter.

    @Queen- Thanks for the coupon. And thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete