Monday, March 15, 2010

Queene Helene Mint Julep Masque

Yes. It's true I have been missing in blogland for a minute. But I had Spring Break!!!

I'm back though. And with a review of a MASK.

I have always wanted to try a green mask. I mean, thats what they always show on tv right?

It's Claims:
Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores.Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth.
Even for individuals who are fortunately free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relaxed tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.

It's a creamy mint green color. And it smells like spearmint gum. I tasted it it. (Don't ask). It doesn't taste like gum though.

Despite it's rave reviews nearly everywhere, I did not like this masque. I have combination skin, and this is pretty drying. Plus the first time I used it I broke out with some nice big juicy pimples and they left behind some lovely scars. Despite that I kept using it, and luckily no more breakouts. Perhaps it was drawing out those "impurities" for the first time. My skin isn't any smoother or nicer with this. I'll have to pass on this in the future.

I have to admit though that it did work as a "spot" treatment. It reduced the size of my pimples. But nothing to dramatic. Toothpaste could do the same. I also have to admit this makes blackheads dissapear and my face seems cleaner when I use it.
.
Ingredients:
Water, Kaolin, Bentonite (CI 77004), Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

The ingredients aren't to bad though. I was impressed with the first couple of ingredients.

I'll have to pass on it myself but it has worked for many other people, so I'd reccomend it based on that. Plus it was only two dollars for eight ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment