Sunday, January 22, 2012

Zucchini With Basil Cream

More zucchini recipes. It will never stop. I wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe but honestly, it was so good. I've tried quite a few recipes making zucchini and this one is one of the better ones. I made this for Christmas dinner. No complaints from anyone. Even my younger sister ate and LIKED it. The only problem I had was I had to cook the carrots way longer than stated and used more than the amount of broth the recipe called for.

The basil sauce stuff was truly good and this was actually really easy to make. I recommend it. From allrecipes.com.



By: Annabelle Erhart 
"I enjoy cooking and have a big garden every year. I like to fix this colorful side dish that makes the most of fresh zucchini and carrots. --Annabelle Erhart of Missoula, Montana"

Ingredients

  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • dash cayenne pepper
  • 2 small carrots, julienned
  • 4 medium zucchini, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

  1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, garlic and cayenne to a boil; cook, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by a third. Add carrots. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
  2. Combine the cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and basil; stir gently. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment