Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

I am slowly working my way through the different body butters...amazingly I still have over fifteen to review. Anywho, I already reviewed the Olive Shower gel this week. I can't remember where I bought it or how much I paid for it but I'm pretty sure I didn't pay anymore then ten bucks.



The Body Shop claims:
  • This rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade organic olive oil and has a subtle fruity scent.
  • 24-hour hydration
  • Great for normal to dry skin
  • Subtle fruit scent


Sooo, this smells a wee little bit different than the shower gel. A little bit less olive-y.( not foody) I really like the scent though..it's very fresh. So if you don't like the fruity, floral, or nutty body butters this is a nice option. The scent kinda sticks around but it's not super noticeable unless I really give my skin a good sniff. So no interfering with your perfumes or anything.

The texture is thick...but it smooths on easily and absorbs quickly.

Now let's talk about moisturization. It does fine on my arms but not so well on my legs after a few hours. I think the other butters perform a little better.

Oh yeah, and you've probably noticed they've changed the packaging. The new packaging is cute.



Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Chromium Oxide Greens (Colour).

Overall, it was nice to try but of course I would rather be using my favorites which are the Cocoa or the Almond. But I can see why some people really like it.

2 comments:

  1. I want to try this at some point, I watched a review on Youtube where the girl said it helped with the KP on her arms! I'll have to pick it up when its on offer :-) Thanks for the review hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! The olive oil is probably what helped with her arms :) I was a little scared to try it though because of the olives..it's not the most appealing at first! Let me know how you like it.

      Delete