Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel


This is another shower gel that I've been sitting on for over a year. I can't believe it's taken me so long to actually use it because I was very curious about the scent. I paid around eight bucks...which is not a terrible price but..personally I think these should be a bit cheaper.

The Body Shop claims:
Packed with skin-softening oleic acid, olive oil has been used for centuries throughout the Mediterranean as a moisturizer. Legend has that athletes in ancient Greece would rub olive oil onto their bodies. So it’s only natural that our Community Trade organic olive oil should come from southern Italy where it’s grown on family farms. We pay the farmers of the Nuevo Cliento co-operative, our Community Trade partner, a fair and guaranteed price that enables them to work their land, build their future, and stay in their communities.
  • This soap-free bath and shower gel contains organic, cold-pressed olive oil. It has a neutral scent.Soap-free.Lather-rich. Neutral olive scent

So, I  guess I'll start off with the scent. I'm not really sure how to describe it. If course it doesn't smell like olive oil, more like a really green plantlike fresh smell and a dash of olive (not foody). That's the best I can do. It's a pleasant scent though. I'm not in love with it but I would give it about a solid 8/10 stars. The scent lingers a lil bit after I shower..both in the bathroom and very faintly on my skin. (sometimes)

It's very liquid-y like how most of TBS gels tend to be.

Lather is decent...not overly luxurious.

And I find this isn't drying at all. Not particularly moisturizing either. A tad bit less drying than other shower gels by TBS.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Methylparaben (Preservative), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate (Surfactant), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 17200 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

TBS claims it to be a unisex scent since I see it advertised in the men's section. I guess it can be a unisex scent but I  can't really imagine a man using it. I don't know. I notice it comes in a bigger bottle now to. For me, it's not a repurchase (although I never repurchase anything) but it was fun to use.  I do recommend giving it a sniff to see if you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment