Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Almond Praline Cheesecake

I. Love. Cheesecake.

And a good cheesecake is hard to find. Unless you've got the cash.  They sell Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes here for around eighty bucks a cake or eight bucks a slice. 

Yeah. I don't have that kind of cash but I still like to try different types. So I decided to learn to make my own. 

And it turned out excellent. No cracking or anything. I did put a pan of water in the oven while it was baking. It was creamy, melt-in-your mouth deliciousness. And the almond flavoring made it that much more amazing. (I love anything with Almond extract)

It was a bit of work but not difficult at all. 

I got the recipe from the Eagle Brand website. I will definitely be making more cheesecakes from them. 

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted* and finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • ALMOND PRALINE TOPPING
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped, toasted* slivered almonds
  • Instructions

    • HEAT oven to 300°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl; press firmly into bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
    • BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth (do not overbeat). Add eggs and almond extract; mix well. Pour over crust.
    • BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Almond Praline Topping. Chill.
    • ALMOND PRALINE TOPPING
    • COMBINE brown sugar and cream in small saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup chopped, toasted slivered almonds. Spoon evenly over cheesecake. (For 13 x 9-inch pan, double all topping ingredients; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened).
    • *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.

But heres my first! 










2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I would love it!

    (Check my giveaway http://www.beautyandthemist.com/2012/11/lunarrastar-jewellery-international.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great!!!
      Unfortunately I ate the last piece last night. I'm heading over to your blog to check out the giveaway :)

      Delete