Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

I bought this stuff because my cuticles need H-E-L-P!

Plus I had heard so much about it, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it out. It cost six dollars, which I find to be in line with most cuticle creams.



Burt's Bees claims:
Give your cuticles some TLC. Specially formulated, this buttery cream taps Sweet Almond Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter to moisturize and soften your cuticles while Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil nourish brittle nails. Feel pampered and polished from tips to toes.

• Moisturizes and softens cuticles with Sweet Almond Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter
• Nourishes brittle nails with Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil
• Fresh Lemon scent

So let's start off with scent. It smells like lemon-y lemon bars. Mmm. I really like it but if that's not your thing the scent doesn't stick around for very long. And how much do you really sniff your cuticles?

Next, let's talk texture. This is NOT a cream. More like a balm that becomes more like an oil when you use it.

Basically you just rub your finger into it and then massage that on your cuticles. Instantly your cuticles more moisturized. It doesn't do much more than that...well my nails have been a teeny tiny bit stronger. But not enough that I would buy it again.

I found that this product does that same thing for my cuticles as 100% shea butter, which is cheaper. The only thing that makes this better is the smell. 

One big plus for this is that it is all natural.

Ingredients;
prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, beeswax, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, beta-carotene, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, vegetable oil.

I'm not crazy about it. I'll end up using it all but I don't think I'll miss it once it's gone.

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of this stuff! I just couldn't stop re-applying it when I bought it :-)

    I think the Leighton Denny Slick Tips works better on my cuticles though. I think the Burt's bees is great if you just want to maintain good cuticles but if you suffer with cuticle problems you may want something more intensive! Great review as always hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does smell really good :)

      I don't really have a problem with dry cuticles though, they just grow a little more than I want...I guess I'm looking for a cuticle remover...I have one by Sally Hansen but it's terrible..I may as well be pushing them back with lotion lol

      I'll google the Leighton Slick Tips and see if I can find it on Ebay :)

      Delete