Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lush Melting Snowman Bath Melt


My very first bath melt.

I actually planned on saving him forever because I felt to use him would be kinda barbaric since he's so cute. But I ended up using it. I got him Buy 1, Get 1 in the Christmas sales but for a one time use, he's pretty expensive at $5.95. Of course you could cut him in half but I thought that would be extra mean. I mean, I'm already melting him right?


Lush Claims:
Melt away your tensions with the help of our friend The Melting Snowman. While he may not have a corncob pipe, our take on Frosty does have a redesigned hot toddy fragrance. He’s as sweet as he is spicy with a warming blend of cinnamon and clove oils. But like any other snowman a rise in temperature can only mean one thing. He’s melting...

He used to smell like Snowcake but this year's has a "hot toddy" fragrance. (I'm not a big fan of Snowcake anyway).  I have no idea what a hot toddy is. I think it's tea spiked with liquor. In my opinion he smells like patchouli mixed with tea and little cinnamon. A very comforting smell. And I really really like it. It's not a super strong scent though. I could definitely smell it and it filled the bathroom up but didn't linger after I let the water drain.

Although it didn't linger in my bathroom it stuck to me for a long time. But while I like the scent in the tub, I don't like it on my skin. But everyone has a different body chemistry.

 Look at him chilling on the side of my tub not knowing he's about to meet his demise!! (insert evil laugh here!)


He's more of a cross between a bath bomb and a bath melt because it sort of sinks to the bottom of the tub and fizzes away. It turns the bath water a milky looking color. It looks like you just poured about a gallon of milk in along with the bath water. Very luxurious.




His eyes and buttons are real chocolate chips and his nose is a piece of candied ginger. The chocolate chips melt but then I could see little tiny brown specks floating in the water. It didn't really bother me though. 


After your bath the ginger nose is all that remains and it smells JUST like real ginger root.

The best thing about it is the moisture. It really moisturizes my skin thanks to the Cocoa Butter. I didn't have to put on ANY lotion.

This particular is from a US/Canada order. This one and the UK one have the same ingredients!

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Icing Sugar, Citric Acid, Cocoa Butter, PEG 6 Caprylic Capric Glycerides and PEG Almond Glycerides, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Shea Butter, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Patchouli Oil, Benzoin Resinoid,  Sweet Orange Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Lime Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance, Dairy Free Chocolate Drops, Ginger Stem

So overall, I really liked it. I wasn't in love or anything but I might consider getting another one of they brought it back out next year and it was on sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment