Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Body Shop Macadamia Body Butter Duo


I know I've been doing a lot of reviews on Lush lately, but I haven't forgot about The Body Shop. I bought this a long time ago for around ten dollars in one of the holiday sales. This is my second duo, the first one I tried was the Vanilla one. 

The Body Shop claims:
Moisturize your skin with this twin pot that contains two types of moisture: a light cream for where skin needs less hydration and a rich cream for drier areas like elbows and knees. It has a subtle nutty scent

So as you probably already know, it has two different sides. A lighter one that's more of a cream, and the thicker side that's more of a butter. They both smell kind of different.  The cream side is a little hard to describe but I would say it's a mixture of coconut and vanilla. It smells nice but not strong and won't linger much. The thicker side is the same smell but with a bit of spice in it...and kinda fruity. 


The cream side takes a little longer to rub in but I find the scent linger's just a bit more than the other side. They both moisturize about equally and both leave my skin S-O-F-T. Really soft. The first time I rubbed it I touched my arm and was like "How did my arm get so soft?", then I remembered I used this.

Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Isododecane (Solvent), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent - Occlusive), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient). [May Contain: Caramel (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)]

Overall, it's nice. I like how soft it makes my skin but I wish the scent were stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment