Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Diverted Products


After an intense googling session, I learned of something called "diverted products".

"What the heck is a diverted product?" 


Diversion
Diversion is when products are sold in "unauthorized" places. For example, all genuine .....  products are sold exclusively in salons. But you might come across a few bottles in your local supermarket, drugstore, online or at a discounter. Salon professional products you find outside of a salon are considered to be "diverted.

Learn more by clicking here!

I ripped that from the Redken website. You can pretty much insert whatever high end brand you want. Redken, Paul Mitchell, Kerastase etc.

I was looking at Redken products and I thought I might be able to order directly from the site because I don't have an "authorized" salon near me since that I live overseas!

As far as I know there is no site to order their products from, but I saw the stuff I wanted on Amazon, Walgreens, and drugstore.com. But apparently these sights are not "authorized". So I began wondering if the products were fake.

So I did a little research!

And this is just my opinion. If these companies wanted to stop their products being sold in Walmart, Target etc, they really could. All they would have to do is better control who they are selling to. But they don't want to because by doing that they lose profit (the name of the game!)

It's entirely possible that you can purchase a contaminated product..but not likely if you are buying from places like Walmart, Target, Drugstore-(my opinion!) And sometimes the packaging/scents are different because companies change their packaging/scents/ formula all the time.

As for the age of the product I don't mind that either. If I find a shampoo that's been under my cabinet for years it's unlikely that I would throw it out. I would probably end up using it.

So I think I am gonna order that Redken stuff I want online! 

How do you feel about diversion? Would you purchase a "diverted" product?

No comments:

Post a Comment