Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lush Porridge Soap


April is always a rough month for me. I tell ya, I'm going through!!  So I need a little blog therapy. Blogging always calms me down. 

Anyway, today I have a review of Lush Porridge. This is the UK in case anyone was wondering!

Lush claims:
Start your day right with a generous helping of Porridge soap. Ideal for sensitive skin; it’s irresistible to everyone else, even bears. A nutritious breakfast bar; we fill each one with oats to gently exfoliate and cleanse. As the oats mix with hot water, they create calming milk that soothes and softens your entire body. Organic orange juice is full of nutritious vitamin C, ideal for refreshing and brightening your skin, and keeping it clear. Oh, and did we mention the delicious caramel scent? All in all, this soap is just right.

I'll be honest, when I first got this I did not like the smell. But...it grew on me. And I really really really like it now. It smells like molasses cookies. Mmm. And when your in the shower it smells like a cereal bar with a hint of cinnamon. I only wish the smell was stronger.

My favorite thing about this soap is how scrubby it is. I can see it being too harsh for some but I LOVE it. If it is too hard you can run in under water and it soften up.

Now for my not so favorite things. I hate how the oatmeal get's all in the drain. I use one of those plastic things to catch it but it's still pretty messy. Another thing I noticed is that the soap part melts away and then it becomes mostly pinhead oats. And I have to rub it a little more to get lather. Speaking of lather, it's actually a milky lather. I'm guessing it's from the oatmeal.

And one very important tip I have...make sure you rinse really well. Or else you'll find little oats in places you really don't want them to be...

I like how soft this makes my skin and I don't have to put lotion on afterwards. Yippeee!! Of course that might be because the weather is a lot nicer now. 

Oh yeah, and one more thing...this melts a little slower than other Lush soaps. I think it's because the oatmeal keeps the soap from dissolving as fast! But towards the end it pretty much dissolves...which I hate!

Ingredients:
Water, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal, Fresh Organic Orange Juice, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid,Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride,EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene

Overall, I really really like i! Just beware of the mess it makes and the price...


No comments:

Post a Comment