Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lush So White Bath Bomb



This post was supposed to written yesterday but I got caught up in school work. That's right, I'm officially a grad school student! Yay!!

Anyway, I ordered one of these from Lush US/Canada and then Lush Uk sent me one of their products because they ran out of the Father Christmas bath bomb. Boo!!!

Lush claims:
A bath of pure white apple temptation on the outside – a secret colourful heart on the inside.
This year we decided So White needed more fun in her life, so we’ve made an interactive bath that brings a splash of bright colour to December bath times.
Run yourself the perfect temperature bath, then just before you get in throw this pure white snowball ballistic at the side of the bath.  As the outer white shell shatters it will scatter a dash of pink fizzing bubble mix into your water.  


So it's a white bath bomb much bigger than I thought it was going to be. 

It smells like a very nice floral apple. I really really like the scent. I was worried that once the bomb hit the water the smell would disappear but I could actually smell it. So that was nice.

What I didn't like was how boring it was. I threw it on the side of the tub, it refused to break!( I threw it pretty hard too!) It fizzed. Some pink stuff came out...then disappeared. By the time I got in the water it looked like I had put nothing in it. But it still smelled nice.

For the price, I was expecting something exciting. I was left feeling like I could have poured some of Bath and Body Works Country Apple Shower gel in my bath water! Which is cheaper and smells just as lovely.

Afterwards my skin felt dry and itchy. I have a feeling my skin didn't like all the baking soda. Moisture afterwards was a MUST.

Oh yeah, and for some reason I don't really get the connection to this and Snow White. I mean sure it smells like apples and Snow White ate a poisonous apple...but what's that got to do with this bath bomb?

I didn't notice any difference between the UK on and the US. Except the UK one made the water turn .068% pink. Sorta.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cream of Tartar,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Bergamot Oil,Rose Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Neroli Oil,Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene,*Linalool, Colour 17200, Colour 14700, Colour 45410

Overall, I was severely underwhelmed. Especially for the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment