Sunday, April 7, 2013

NYX Peach Bronze Eyeshadow


One of my favorite colors of eyeshadow are  bronze colors. Which explains why for awhile that was all I bought. I would really want to try other colors but bronze was just my go to everyday color. I found my HG bronze in a L'oreal HIP duo and wouldcompare everything to that. So how does NYX measure up?


NYX claims:
Here’s a real collector’s item: You’ll be tempted to amass your own sensational color library of our richly pigmented eye shadows. Choose from 72 individual NYX Single Eye Shadow shades in shimmer, sheer, glitter, frosty, metallic or matte. Our pressed mineral eye shadows pack a color punch, are easy to blend and last for many hours.

Well first off, from the description I thought it was going to be more peach-y. In fact this should be called gold bronze. My skin tone doesn't do yellow golds very well unless I have a
contour color or something to balance it out. My HG bronze doesn't need a color like that, but with this I do. Which is not a bad thing. It goes very well with almost any brown I've paired it with.

It's very pigmented also. Some NYX shadows take a lot of layering but I'm happy to say this one doesn't. Another bonus is I don't notice a lot of fallout.

The only bad thing I notice is that this doesn't have the best wear. Even with primer. By the end of the day the color has disappeared or migrated to my creases. Not very cute. And if it's humid forget it!!

Overall, it's aight. Nothing I would say is a must have. There are plenty of colors out there that are similar and in the same price range in the drugstore. 

Did ya'll notice my straight hair? I straightened it!! I'll have a post on that in a couple of days!!



2 comments:

  1. I usually like this kind of colours. I haven't tried this brand.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the post about your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up ordering it online because I had heard the quality is comparable to high end. They have some good colors but it's still drugstore quality!!!

      It might be awhile before I post the hair one..I didn't take pics right after ironing and it kinda frizzed. Next time I'm definitely taking pictures though :)

      Delete