Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY Whipped Shea Butter

I rarely every repurchase anything. Except Shea Butter. It's a miracle product.

But I hate when it's cold and hard and difficult to spread. Of course, you can buy it whipped. But you can save a few bucks if you whip it yourself.

I'm cheap, so I whip it myself. It's pretty easy. Just takes a bit of time. 

So this is how I do it....

First you need two bowls. A big one and a smaller one to fit in the big one.

Pour boiling water in the big one..and set the smaller one inside. 

Add as much Shea as you would like to whip.

Wait  for it to melt. Give it a few stirs.

Once it's melted...whip it...refrigerate it...whip it...and repeat. Until you have something kinda like soft frosting. Of course you can add any oils or scents you would like. 



And then you have super spreadable soft Shea. 

Put it in an empty container.


Easy Peasy.

I really need to start using this stuff on my face again...I've got some blemish scarring I need to fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment