Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Body Lotion


My mom found this on sale and passed it on to me for free. Can't turn down free. Especially in the winter when ashy skin is a little hard to keep under control. I love Jessica Simpson's shoes, but I had never really smelled any of her fragrances. I know a few years ago she had a line of likable lotions. I remember seeing them in the stores. They sounded fun and I wanted to try them but never got to.


Fancy Nights claims:
Fancy Nights is a new fragrance by Jessica Simpson. This deeper, more provocative and opulent perfume introduces bergamot, Egyptian papyrus, Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian red rose and night blossoming jasmine. The fragrance is available as 50 ml edp in a datk green flacon decorated with golden embellishment.Fancy Nights was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Steve Demercado.

The packaging is plain ugly. I mean, a green bottle? Definitely not a color I was expecting.


So this is a lot more grown up then I expected. It's,powdery, soapy, and mysterious. And pretty heavy on Patchouli which is the last thing I expected from a Jessica Simpson fragrance. I like it. It's nice. But I don't love it.

What's great about it is that it lasts and lasts. 

Seriously. 

It's the scent that keeps going and going and going.

I can still smell it at the end of the day. 

As far as moisture, it's not the best. But I don't think it was intended for dry, ashy, scaly, skin. The consistency is like that of any other perfumed lotion. Light and easy to rub in. 


If you like powdery patchouli scents, I do recommend it. Otherwise, skip it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment