Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Suave Almond + Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner



I was extra excited when I first heard about this line. A lot of people love the naturals line (especially the Coconut) but all that did for me was dry my hair. So when I heard Suave had a Shea Butter one I had to try it. I will buy anything if it contains Shea Butter. 


This is supposed to be knock off of the Aveda dry remedy. I've only tried Aveda once as a sample and it was amazing and super moisturizing. So I was excited to try a knock off for two bucks a piece. 

Suave claims:
Our moisturizing shampoo is infused with 100% natural almond and shea butter, which are known for their rich emollients. It replenishes as it cleanses, leaving your hair well nourished and beautiful.
Our moisturizing conditioner is infused with 100% natural almond and shea butter, which are known for their rich emollients. It replenishes and leaves your hair well nourished and beautiful.

So I'll start with the scent. It smells nice. Not really like Shea Butter or Almonds. But a nice warm, almost vanilla scent. It isn't very strong and doesn't linger.

Next up...it's actually pretty moisturizing. If I just washed and conditioned my hair without putting any extra moisture in my hair...it doesn't feel dry. 

As for curls..they are pretty popping. No complaints there.


The conditioner is nice and thick and the shampoo is pearly and produces lots of lather.

The only problem I had is that my hair seems to shed A LOT more than it ever does. And that's never a good thing. I generally want to keep my hair. On my head. Where it belongs. 

As for ingredients....there are a lot of natural ingredients. For two dollars that's pretty impressive. At the same time there are a few not so natural things in it.

Ingredients:
Shampoo-Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Amond), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil (Lemongrass), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower/Leaf Extract (Matricaria), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract (Lavender), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Carbomer, PPG 9, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Citric Acid, C11 15 Pareth 7, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200)

Conditioner-Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil (Lemongrass), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower/Leaf Extract (Matricaria), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract (Lavender), Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

There you have it. I may try the Aveda just to see how they compare.

Have you tried it? Like it? Love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment