Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Body Shop Vanilla Brûlée Body Butter


I bought this in the sale The Body Shop does every year after the holidays for $5. So I really can't complain about the price. I picked up the apple, the cranberry, and this vanilla one. I've only used up the apple but between that one and this one- this is a clear favorite.

The Body Shop claims:
Back for a limited time only this Holiday season, Vanilla Brulée is a delectable treat for any vanilla lover. It doesn’t get any more classic than this body butter formulation, and the Madagascar vanilla seed oil gives this scent its addictive and delicious scent. 

 I am a huge vanilla fan, and The Body Shop does vanilla well. I had their vanilla body spray a couple years ago and LOVED that stuff. Then I had the DUO body butter in vanilla which was nice but no where near as nice as the spray. This is a tad different but I like it more than I liked the DUO butter.  It's not as floral. Almost like a light cocoa butter vanilla.

The vanilla scent in this was a bit strange to me at first. It wasn't until I started actually using it that I started to love it. It's like rubbing it in releases an extra creamy vanilla scent. And when I catch whiffs of it for about three-four hours after it smells even better. I don't notice it much after that but those couple of hours are nice.

So it smells yummy but does it moisturize?

This one is geared toward normal skin. Which I basically have at the moment. It is pretty moisturizing. It's super thick and sinks in pretty quickly and keeps my skin looking nice and moist for a couple hours afterward. Not 24 hours of moisture but my skin certainly does not feel dry by the next time I shower.

The packaging is yours standard tub container that body butter's have come in forever. There's a vanilla bean on it and a white flower. I'm glad it comes in a tub because this stuff is THICK. 

Ingredients:
Water, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alchohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 1Stearate, Sweet Almond Oil, Ethyexyl Palmitate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Sesame Seed Oil, Fragrance,  Phenthyl Alchohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthum Gun, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Sodium Hydroxide, Vanilla Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Caramel, Yellow

It has some bad stuff in it BUT it has some pretty great stuff and high up in the list too.

The Body Shop releases a vanilla scent every year for the holidays. Unfortunately I don't know if it's the same one. 

Regardless, I LOVE this body butter and would recommend it if you are a fan of vanilla scents. Or if you liked the Cocoa Butter Body Butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment