Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Kiwi Watermelon Smoothie

Just call me watermelon head, because I love watermelon. I can eat a small seedless watermelon in about two days, no problem. But watermelon flavored things? Nah. Watermelon flavored gum=atrocious. Watermelon Oreos=Never tried, never plan to. And so on and so forth. 

Until I made this smoothie. I love kiwi, I love watermelon, I like dates, and I LOVE this smoothie.

All it is, is:

1 1/2 Cups of Watermelon (230 grams!)
1 Kiwi Peeled and seeded ( I leave the skin on- it makes it taste more "kiwi-y")
1 Date 
1 Cup of Ice



Blend and Enjoy. 

It tastes sweet because of the watermelon and date, but sour because of the kiwi. Actually it's the perfect mix of sweet and sour. I would have never thought to try that combination on my own so I'm glad it was in my Vitamix recipe book.

I've already made it about 4 times. Nice way to get your daily requirement of Vitamin C and a host of other nutrients.


The color isn't that vibrant, I think because I leave the peel on. But it tastes amazing. It was a nice break from the green smoothies I usually make. Although you could add some kale or spinach to it, if you wanted.

Random: This is the only time it would be appropriate for me to sing " I been drinkin'. Watermelon" So that's what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment