Have you heard of Pan that Palette? It's basically a challenge that was going around where people were picking a palette and using up the whole thing. I have seen pictures of a completely used up Urban Decay Naked palette. It's cool, but it takes a lot of patience. And I don't have it. Plus I don't think I could stand to use up my Naked palette.
But I do want to use up a few things in my collection. Mostly older stuff that I don't really like and want to get rid of so I can make room for new stuff. One day.
I've already made a little bit of progress. I hadn't officially started though. I'm not giving myself a timeline. I just want to use these products fairly often enough to finish them up. It's not a lot of products, I don't want to get overwhelmed. Because that can happen, and I would end up using nothing up.
It's crazy that this is a challenge I'm starting. Back in the day when I barely had any makeup it was super easy for me to use up a shadow. The first mini palette I used up was Coffee Shop from Covergirl in high school.I used up every shade. I wish I could remember more about how I actually applied them though. Hopefully I wasn't looking to crazy! Anyway, that was just the first one I went through. I eventually used up a Wet N' Wild palette, a couple from L'oreal Hip, a Maybelline single, a L'oreal single. Can't believe I remember all of that.
Anyway, these are some of the products I want to use up.
1, L'oreal Duo in Mischief- This is one of my least favorite duo's from L'oreal. The matte black is ok. It's easy to blend for the most part and works nice to darken up a smoky eye. Just don't use it as a crease shade because it will fade. And it's not the blackest black. It's very muted. The gold side is the one I hate. It's so lackluster. And fades easily. I really hate it. So I'm working on using it up.
I already have some progress since about a month ago. The black is dipping in quite a bit and I think I should hit pan pretty soon.
2, L'oreal Duo in Showy- I really only want to use up the navy matte part. I don't really like that color. It has OK pigment but it can fade to a gray blue depending how I use it. That's with primer! After I'm done with the navy side I'm going to work on the other side. It's a favorite of mine and I never want to finish it but I really need to. I could buy another but I don't want the matte blue. If they sold it separately I would probably buy it. As you can see I've hit pan now on the navy blue.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Potent Purple- This is a nice smoky purple shade. At least on me. But it doesn't wear that well. It fades, it's streaky, and it creases. Even with primer, or at least the primer I use it with. I have used up quite a bit but it's going to take me some time to use it up. I want to use it at least once a week until it's finally finished.
4. Makeup Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara Sample- I love this mascara! But it's time to use it up so I can move on to the other sample I have. I'll be sad when I do use it up.
5. Too Faced Who's Your Poppy Blush- I got this awhile back in a Too Faced Palette I have. I need to review it, but long story short, the color doesn't show up on my skin. Only the gold shimmer. So I use it as a highlighter, but I have to be careful to be light-handed or it can be too glittery. There's a little dip in it but I have a lot of products to go. I just want to hit pan on it at least.
6. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser- This does a whole lot of nothing for my skin. I've been using it faithfully to try and use it up. I think I'm pretty close. I'm just tired of having it in my collection so it's time to use it up!
7. Revlon Colorstay Liner- I'm ready for a new liquid liner. I never liked this one. It pretty much seems like a bottomless pit of black liner.
That's about it for now! I will update when I've made some significant progress.