Thursday, September 6, 2018

Alaffia Africa's Secret Multi-Purpose Skin Cream Review


I meant to get this up before but my Internet started acting up. I'm starting to really get back into taking care of my skin....using my Clarisonic, taking off all my makeup every night before I go to sleep (sometimes I get lazy), and not picking at my skin so much. Also, I'm trying to keep up with moisturizing. Because hydration is the key to anti-aging. Along with exercising, drinking water, not smoking etc. Not the botox and fillers they are pushing as anti-aging these days. I saw on tv a couple weeks ago where they are going to have "botox" bars. Which is crazy to me, because I think all that stuff actually makes people look older. But that's neither here nor there, so let's get started with the review!

Africa's Secret claims:
Africa’s Secret is a restorative multipurpose skin cream based on a traditional infusion of botanicals and bee products handed down from generation to generation


So I saw this in my local health food store, and since I like the brand-figured I would test it out. Upon further inspection, I found the ingredients to be similar to Egyptian Magic Cream. Which I haven't tried out because it's pretty expensive at $40 or so for a small jar. I bought a 2 oz jar of this for $10. 

It comes in a plastic jar but they do sell a 4 oz that comes in a nicer glass jar-which I might purchase one day to test on my hair. This was strictly my face cream.



The texture is not like an emulsified lotion or cream. It's kind of like a Shea Butter blend. So it's a lot heavier and oilier. Which means it's great for super dry skin. Or as a night cream. Which is how I use it on my oily/combo skin. It is pretty gritty. But it melts  as you rub it in so I don't find it to be a problem. 

It has a very natural smell. Nothing to complain about, and nothing to rave over. It just smells like they used unrefined ingredients as close to their natural state as possible, which I prefer. 

It helps heal dry skin. And I feel like my skin heals quicker than if I was not using it. It makes an excellent eye cream because it's so hydrating. So far, I don't have any crows feet/wrinkles around my eyes and I believe products like this help make sure I don't get that stuff prematurely. Also...no breakouts! I thought it was going to be too heavy for my skin and break me out, but my skin has been pretty clear.  

The only thing it doesn't help is some texture on my cheeks. But honestly nothing helps with that.

I've tried a couple things from the company, and so far have really liked what I tried. I especially like what the company stands for. They support fair trade and also help support communities by donating bikes, helping with education and healthcare.

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Beeswax, African Wild Honey, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil*, Adansonia digitata (Baobab) Oil*, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Propolis. *Fair for Life Fair Trade certified ingredient †ORANGUTAN SAFE

Overall, I love it. I think it has great ingredients, I love the company. I really think it's a product worth trying and I can't wait to get another and try it out on my hair! 

Random: Nike's new ads= LOVE!! I'm going to buy myself some Nike's next payday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment