Sunday, September 16, 2018

Game of Thrones: Hen on The Wall

I've slept only an hour in the last 35 hours...and I need to stay up most of the night. So I figure I would blog a little.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a commercial for what I thought was Game of Thrones. I just saw a glimpse of Jon Snow and I got so excited. I know the show is skipping a year, but I thought maybe t

hey were surprising us with an early season. But of course, they aren't. And I am heartbroken  (and I'm not exaggerating!)


I'm still cooking the recipes. Still making recipes from the North. Because the North is my favorite. 

I skipped a couple recipes because my family doesn't eat pork and another one I couldn't find rabbit liver. Or kidney. One of those. This has chestnuts...which I had to order from Amazon. The rest of the stuff was easy to find.

I'm not a fan of stuffing. But I will try almost anything once. This was just a chicken seasoned with salt and pepper (I like a couple extra seasonings but I was curious if the stuffing was going to flavor the chicken- it didn't) and stuff with carrots, chestnuts, prunes, and oats. 

Strange stuffing. Although I'm not sure what regular stuffing is made of. I just know I avoid it at Thanksgiving. 


So I stuffed the bird...and roasted it. 

The stuffing was dry. It needed more stock. But it had nice flavor. It was a maple kind of flavor. But I'm still not a fan. And the chicken was of course good. 

But I wouldn't made it again. 

Nice to try though!




No comments:

Post a Comment