Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Gold Glitter Nails

I've been really into watching nail polish tutorials lately. Mostly acrylic/gel nails. So much so I've been thinking of buying an acrylic system and giving it a try. But then another part of me thinks I should put that time, effort, and money into growing my nails out. But......I really hate long nails. I just feel like all kinds of icky stuff gets stuck under them and I can't stand it so I always cut them down.

Back in the day (middle school), I used to buy those Kiss Acrylic and Gel kits and attempt to make nails myself. But they never worked and then I would be stuck with the glue on my nails for awhile and it was not cute.

I probably won't do the acrylics. But I did pull out some loose nail glitter that I've had for years and made my first attempt at a glitter nail.

And it's so pretty. But kind of thick looking. The first hand I needlessly did two coats of glitter. The second hand came out better- less thick. Then I topped it with two topcoats- OPI Top Coat (hate it)  and Poshe (LOVE!). 

Wearing two top coats has really been working on my nails- although I prolly wouldn't buy the OPI for the combination again. It does make my nail polish last for the most part about 4-5 days without chipping AND it stays shiny. But it can be an expensive combo so I'm mostly doing it to get rid of the OPI. 

So I'm just going to use it until the bottle is gone.

I used OPI Goldeneye. And then an OPI gold multi-color glitter which would not photograph anywhere near as nicely as it actually looked. It has the prettiest rainbow effect in certain lights.


I'm going to keep experimenting with the glitter. And maybe pull out my stamping system again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment