Monday, January 14, 2019

Game of Thrones- Stewed Apples with Prunes

This is the year that Game of Thrones finally comes back!  And I'm ready. Usually I wouldn't wait an entire year for a show to come back. But when the show is as good as Game of Thrones, I don't have a choice. 

I still make things from the blog occasionally. I'm still cooking through the North. This time...stewed Apples with Prunes. Doesn't sound like it would be good. But I was pleasantly surprised.

I used to eat Stewed Apples all the time when I was young. They had them in daycare. Don't ask me why I can remember that far back. I'm pretty sure they were just from a can though.

These are a little more fancy because of the dried plums and the liquor. I made mine to go with dinner. I made chicken, rice, and broccoli. Which always seems to be my go to side. I need to branch out from Rice and Broccoli.

You can find the recipe for yourself here.

I followed the recipe almost exactly except I substituted the molasses for date syrup. Because that's what I had on hand.


They were really good. I would definitely make them again!



                                                                          Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment