Thursday, February 15, 2018

Best Beauty Products of 2017

I know it's late. And I know I've been missing in actions for well over a month. I was busy moving, etc. But the blogging break was kind of nice. I almost considered just giving it up entirely, but it's my favorite hobby...so I'm back!

And bringing in my first post of 2018 with one of my favorite posts to write. Favorites. 

Let's get started!


1. MAC 168- I don't think I did as many brush reviews as I intended to do last year. And unfortunately, this brush isn't available anymore since MAC switched over to all synthetics. Which I'm not going to buy.  Unless it's a brush that's meant to be synthetic. But the original goat hair 168 is one of my faves. Best blush brush ever, but easy to use for contouring and powder or whatever else you want. Probably still one you can pick up in cosmetic company outlets.




2. Zum Tub Patchouli Ylang Ylang and Dragons Blood Bath Salts- Completely natural and smell amazing. Plus since they use essential oils, I'm sure they have therapeutic benefits. I've tried two so far and love em! I highly recommend trying them out in any scent you find appealing!

3. Bedu Evening Primrose and Vetiver Camel Milk Soap- Probably the most adventurous soap I tried last year. Camel Milk soap. And I really like them. This particular scent has been my favorite. It's one of the most relaxing scents I've ever come across. You can't go wrong with most of the other scents, but this one is special.

4. Alaffia Everyday Coconut Face Wash- This is one of the best basic face washes you can get that is mostly natural, very affordable, and does everything it's supposed to do. It's not drying and you get a lot for the price. I'm kind of bummed because I had to take it out my suitcase because of weight limits  (DARN 50 pounds!) so my bottle was left behind. I need to buy another one, because I miss it! 


5. Dr. Bronners Patchouli Lime Body Lotion
I'm a little bit shocked this made it on the favorites. I don't think I loved it when I reviewed it. But in the end I love the scent it left on my skin and that it stuck around so long. It's not the most hydrating, but if you have normal skin and it's not the dead of winter it should be fine! 


6. Dewey Tree Tea Tree Blemish Sheet Mask- One of my best-est friends Tia bought me a bunch of sheet masks for my birthday to try out and this one was without a doubt my very favorite! It doesn't smell like tea tree (which is good!), it's refreshing, and it got rid of some spots that were trying to pop up on my face. I seriously loved this one and it was definitely my favorite! 

7. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium- This is what you want to wear on date night! And it lasts. Plus the bottle is pretty. Downside is it's a bit pricey.


8. Dr. Bronners Lavender Hand Sanitizer- Just a couple spritzes and you have the best smelling hand sanitizer. I don't go anywhere without it! Must have! I've gone through a couple bottles. Someone will always comment on the scent when you use it!


9. Zum Bar Frankincense and Myrrh Body Oil- I don't think I gave it the best review, but this stuff grew on me. It's my "Jesus Oil." I feel like it has healing properties. I don't know if it actually does or it's all in my head, but I love this stuff. The scent lasts forever too!


I thought I would have more but I only tried to include stuff that were actually favorites. I had a couple that were definitely a step above like, but I just wasn't sure enough to include them.

I know it's late to ask, but what were your faves of 2017?








No comments:

Post a Comment