Tuesday, March 26, 2024

L'or De Seraphine Marcus Garvey Park Candle Review

 

Today was a day..I decided I am going to see Jazmine Sullivan in the Netherlands. I was all ready to go and book those tickets- only to find they are sold out. I know they release more randomly so I guess I will be stalking the site- because I have to see her. I have been playing Excuse Me on and off all day. I love all her songs though...LOVE them . Today I am just stuck on that particular song 😍. But anyway...back to the candles. 

L'or De Serpahine claims:

The Harlem Toile collection features interior designer Sheila Bridges' much-admired design, Harlem Toile de Jouy. These designs draw inspiration from traditional French toile, reimagined to celebrate a complex history and rich culture, while exploring stereotypes and allowing expression of politics and art. 

SCENT NOTES: A faceted and exuberant expression of rose, with an unexpected yet beautifully balanced blend of juicy, woody, and floral notes. Fresh top notes of lemon, mint, and juniper meet dry rose and suede and a background of sensual guaiac wood and sandalwood. Infused with essential oils, Marcus Garvey Park is playful and flirtatious.

  • Burn time: 45 hours
  • 4"H, 6.4 oz.
  • To prevent fire or serious injury, burn candle within sight. Keep away from things that catch fire. Keep away from children and pets.
  • Palm wax and fragrance oils, ceramic container
  • Imported- Made in Vietnam

I mostly bought this candle for the art. Sheila Bridges has some expensive collabs. I thought the candles were a good deal though and I plan to keep the ceramic vessels around as art pretty much forever so they were worth it to me- the scents were just a bonus. I love supporting black art though which is another reason I had to get these. I will be keeping this one displayed on the basketball side because I love that side. 

L'or de Seraphine x Sheila Bridges - Marcus Garvey Park Medium Ceramic Jar Candle

Oddly enough it was my least favorite when I first opened the candles- and now it's my most favorite. Evidenced by me saving it for last. I always save the best for last. 


The scent is supposed to be Sandalwood, Citrus, and Wood. To my nose it's leather, honey, and slight mint. Mint that is so well done you know it's mint but is it really mint? It's just such a nice, everyday, calming daytime scent. I feel so peaceful when I burn it. I'm sad to use it up and wish I had a mega size of it because I think it's a candle I could burn everyday. 

But it's light. I found most of the candles in this collection to be very light. They do smell more natural and they don't smell artificial at all. And I guess at least it's not headache inducing. It just blends in the background and when you notice it, it smells pleasing. I don't have the largest rooms, but it only scents a smaller room with the door closed. I do wish it was a little bit stronger. 

Other than that, I never tried Palm wax until I bought these candles and I really like Palm Wax. It burns cleanly- I have never had any smoking/sooting from these candles and I have had them burning for way over recommended burn time. You don't really have to trim the wicks- I have a few times and almost had a drowning wick. Luckily I was able to fix it each time but foiling the candles. Not only is Palm Wax clean burning but it is slow burning so these candles seem to last forever. I really feel I get my moneys worth. I haven't timed the burn though...

Loved this candle. I am almost out and I am sad to see it go. I would try this brand again...hopefully their other candles are just a bit stronger. If lighter scented and clean burning candles appeal to you, this would be your brand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment