Saturday, October 14, 2023

L'or De Seraphine x Sheila Bridges Harlem Toile Candle Haul

 It's definitely the middle of a beautiful Saturday but I'm so excited about these candles, I wanted to post about them right away. Also I wanted to take some pics of the candle so I can light one...even though now that I think about it, I didn't take pics of the inside so it wouldn't have mattered if I lit before I did this post anyway. 

I want to support more black artists, companies, collabs, and businesses without just buying stuff to be buying stuff. I was in need of some new candles anyway (maybe not) and then I saw this collection. I wasn't familiar with Sheila Bridges but I noticed she seems to be the person to collab with this year. She has a collab with Wedgwood, Le Creuset, she has totes and wallpapers...just everything. I saw her art and fell in love with it. It just makes me think and I love the depiction of scenes you may have come across in Harlem in an unexpected way. I don't really think I'll be able to articulate how the art makes me feel but I love it! 

I didn't buy the whole collection. I'm missing one. But that's Ok. I'm happy with the three I bought. The price point is a little high but I was able to score them 25% off in the Bloomingdales sale. 


Here's what L'or De Seraphine says about Sheila:

ABOUT SHEILA BRIDGES
Named America’s Best Interior Designer by Time Magazine, Sheila Bridges is both a visionary and design tastemaker. She pairs classic aesthetic with unique versatile detail that creates timeless pieces to help express one’s personality. Photograph by Nick Carter.

Featuring interior designer Sheila Bridges’ much-admired design, Harlem Toile de Jouy, these designs draw inspiration from traditional French toile, reimagined to celebrate a complex history and rich culture.

This isn't a review of the candles...I plan to review them hopefully in the next year or so once I have used them more. I have a few other candle reviews that I need to do before I get to them but I will get to them! 


Marcus Garvey Park is the first one. It's Sandalwood, Citrus, and Rose. It smells like Leather and Mint. I have it lit right now since I decided to go with it first. I think of the three it's my least favorite. It reminds me of a fresh scent you might use in a study with brown leather couches. It's a woody floral and definitely on the complex side. I love the artwork on it, it has two sides and I love the basketball side. Once I have burned through them I am definitely keeping the vessel forever to display as art.


Morningside Park is probably my favorite art wise. The scent of this one is Gardenia, Violette, and Lemon Peel. It smells very strongly of mostly Gardenia. I also get a lot of pear. And I have no idea with Violette smells like. It's a gently scent that kinda smells like a floral old closet. Maybe Mothballs? But not in a bad way. I can't wait to light it, I think it will be my favorite despite my odd description of the scent. I just love how one side you have the girls jumping rope and on the other side you have ladies doing their hair.



St. Nicholas Park is the last one. This is cardamom, maple, and cognac. Straight up Cardamom scent though. And green. I love the smell of cardamom so I do like this. I can't wait to light it. I think this might be my least favorite art wise but I wanted to complete the collection of this side. I think these will go so well together. 


Overall, I am really excited to have these in my collection and can't wait to review them! Hopefully they love up to my expectation and even though the candle is small I am hoping they all have a decent throw.



No comments:

Post a Comment