Thursday, October 12, 2023

Split Pea Soup, Vitamix Cappuccino, Chili

 I need to do a wind down routine because I have to wake up super early in the morning. Airport run for me. So let's just get a quick new recipe post out the way. 

First up, Split pea Soup. I feel like I have made a ton of split pea soups...but then I did a search and I've actually only made one. That's pretty crazy. Anyway this one also called for Ham like the last one, which I skipped. I didn't make this vegan because I used chicken stock in addition to veggie stock, but this would be a very easy recipe to make vegan. I've been taking mine to work for lunch so didn't really plate it up. Or I plated it up to pack with me so it looks a little boring. It was really good though! I pureed in the Vitamix because that gives you the silkiest, lightest texture.Looks kinda like baby food...


Next up, a Vitamix Cappuccino. I've been using the Vitamix to make coffee drinks for awhile now, and while I like it for iced coffee..I don't like it for hot coffee drinks. For a cappuccino it's best to make your espresso/coffee then froth the milk separately and add them together. This recipe used white chocolate chips though which was nice. It added a much needed sweetness to my cappuccino. I just don't think using the Vitamix kept the drink hot enough...by the time I went to drink it, it was too cool.

I drank it out of my new super fancy tea cup! It has a crane on it that kinda reminds me of Dr. Seuss.



It's been a long time since I've made Chili. I love a nice spicy chili, especially in the warmer months. Typically I just throw anything in the pot in whatever amounts and skip actual recipes. I wanted to follow this one...and I kinda did. I halved almost everything except the meat. I thought it was a little thick and too much tomato. But edible. Not the best chili I've ever made by a long shot. 

I tried to put a Sweet Chipotle sauce from Pepper Palace to jazz it up but it didn't do much. I have had two of their sauces so far and they have not been worth the price.



It still made a ton so I've been making chili nachos. I've also meant to add it to mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes but never got around to it. 



And that's all! Before long I'm sure I'll be back with another three new recipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment