Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Body Shop Refreshing Passionfruit Body Yogurt Review

Simone Biles has been dominating my social media feeds...and I love every second of it! I probably watch watch each routine about five times before going to the next and watching that another five times. I am just in awe of her and I feel straight joy whenever her vids pop up.

The Body Shop claims:

  • Special edition body moisturiser
  • Perfect for normal to dry skin
  • Feel instantly cooled and smell fresh
  • Hydrate skin with fast-absorbing 48hr moisture
  • Light and non-greasy
  • Made with 92% ingredients of natural origin
  • Certified by The Vegan Society

Help keep skin feeling and smelling fresh all summer with our special edition Refreshing Passionfruit Body Yogurt.

But you shouldn’t have to wait around for that full-body freshness. That’s why our Body Yogurt is made to absorb instantly (even on damp skin!), so you can jump straight out of the shower, moisturise and dive into summer.

Made with 92% ingredients of natural origin, including passionfruit oil, Community Fair Trade organic almond milk from Spain and Community Fair Trade shea butter from Ghana, slather over skin to leave it feeling softer, smoother and hydrated with 48hr moisture and instantly cooled.

Our vegan moisturiser also comes in a 100% recycled plastic tub, so you can love your planet every time you love that beautiful body.

So, what are you waiting for? Jump in the shower. Jump out. Smooth on our Body Yogurt. Jump in your jeans. Get on with your summer. It won’t last forever, right?

Made in France

I can't resist Passionfruit scented body products. I just see them and have to have them. They aren't a popular scent and you don't see them as much as other scents though. The Body Shop in particular has done a few passion fruit scented products- the face wash and body butter are two I've reviewed in particular. I really enjoyed the body butter though and was curious to see if this "yogurt" is similar. Also, I thought it was time I give the body yogurt a try since I used to be devoted to Body Shop's body butters and this is a newer formula I have not tried. 

I bought this for $8.00 which is a pretty good price. I think it must be discontinued now though because I can't find it for sale anywhere. It's 200 ml for 6.34 ounces. 


The texture is very light and different. It's almost gel like and it is cold/cooling. Which is nice in the summer. I think this is mostly intended to be used for the summer because it's light but moisturizing and does sink in quickly. It took a minute for me to get used to it because it feels moisturizing- yet drying. But not really drying. It's very hard to describe. I think it just gets sucked into your skin so fast it can seem drying.  I tend to like heavy moisturizing creams and greasiness doesn't bother me as long as it is really hydrating and does sink into my skin in about 10 minutes. That way I tend to feel I am really hydrating my skin.

I don't mind it in the summer and while I think it would work OK in the winter...I wouldn't want to use it on my winter dry skin. So I really need to work on using it before summer gets here.

The scent is not as realistic or fruity and sour as the previous body butter. I didn't like the scent much when I first got it but it's grown on me. It's like a fruity scent- kinda reminds me a bit of the old cherry scent. It is a strong scent though and lingers in the room after using it. It's like an air freshener. I do really enjoy the scent and it makes a nice base for a fruity perfume. 

The ingredients are not as great as the body butters. It has a lot of alcohol/cones hence why it absorbs so easily.....Further down it does have Shea Butter and Passionfruit Oil. Even lower down it has Sweet Almond extract.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Shea Butter, Dimethiconol, Passionfruit Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sweet Almond Seed Extract,  Xanthum Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Vitamin C, Dehydroacetic Acid, Color 

It's limited edition- not sure if I would have the opportunity to purchase it again. I would likely buy another body yogurt scent in the summer months...but I do wish I had picked up the matching shower gel  One of those scents that is nice to experience once and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment