Friday, April 22, 2011

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter

I'm so excited After trying countless butters from The Body Shop, I have finally found my FAVORITE one. The other ones were nice but this one right here...this right here...I'm speechless. Ok, well maybe not. I got this one around Christmas time for ten dollars. They normally run 16 (or at that time 20) so this is a good deal.

The Body Shop says:
Wrap your skin in a rich, indulgent, chocolate-scented cream that moisturizes and softens for up to 24 hours.Best for: very dry skin and pregnant women to help prevent stretch marks
Community Trade cocoa butter, an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants.Community Trade shea butter from Ghana moisturizes and softens skin.Community Trade organic soy oil is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair skin’s moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple



So if you read my body shop reviews you already know that I was in love with the Cocoa Butter Body Scrub. This smells just like it. A warm light cocoa, cookie dough..vanilla-y type scent. It isn't really strong and is perfect for before bed. I like to smell is when I'm drifing off to dream land. It won't interfere with your perfume either. Well at least not the kinds I like. The smell unfortunately does not last as long as I would like it to. And it could be stronger. But I still love it.

As for moisturzing this is fantastic. My skin feels so soft. Even my elbows. And in my opinion my skin just looks healthier and more glowy. I think this has been helping with my (already lightened) stretchy marks. And it's not greasy. Some people may find it that way but my skin just drinks it in. Oh how I love Cocoa Butter!

The texture is thick but oddly enough when I scoop it up, it has a nice light texture. I can't really explain it, you'll just have to try it yourself!

Ingredients:Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour).

The first four ingredients are excellent. Soybean oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and Glycerin. Unfortunately after that the ingredients aren't so great. For example..Sodium hydroxide. But They are fair traded so I forgive them.

So overall, I highly recommend it. And I'm gonna try and get my hands on the rest of the Cocoa Butter line. I'm gonna miss this one when it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment