Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Too Faced Who's Your Poppy? Blush Review



Have you ever done a workout program that continuously kicked your butt? The one I'm doing now is  literally killing my legs. And it's only ten minutes! Ten minutes of side squats, lunges, regular squats etc. that never fail to bring pain the next day and the next after that. But no pain no gain. Or so they say. I just can't wait to be done with it. 

Today I have a blush review. And yes, it is discontinued, but Too Faced often brings back their products in palettes so I figured I would just go ahead and review. Plus it's my reference point for other shades that are similar.

Too Faced claims:

  • Long lasting bloom: achieve long-lasting cheek color by applying our creamy full bloomcheek and lip color formula first then layering full bloom ultra flush blush over top
  • Blush options: wear our full bloom formulas alone or pair them together for a multidimensionaleffect
  • Luminous finish: cheeks always look fresh and glowing with our innovative formulacontaining stimulhyal, an ingredient that assists in hydration and elastin production


It's a warm pink with a lot of gold shimmer. It swatches beautifully on my hand. And I've seen a couple comparisons between this and the infamous NARS Orgasm blush. I couldn't tell you for sure because I don't own it but I've seen the comparison often enough that I believe it. 

So like I said it swatches beautifully on my hand, but unfortunately it doesn't translate to my cheeks well. The pink in it doesn't show up (it probably would on a lighter skin tone). And when I tried to layer it all I get is intensely, shimmery gold cheeks. Which does not look good. It emphasizes any texture and looks horrible up close and in natural lighting.

But I have a whole pan of it. I think it's a full size. It contains .14 ounces of product. So I didn't want it to just sit there unused...so I started to use it very lightly as a highlighter. It looks OK as long as I'm not heavy handed. I have to be careful with highlighters in general because my skin can get a bit oily and highlighters contribute to the problem. It's easier for me to get away with it in cooler weather. 

The lasting power is excellent. It pretty much sticks until I wash it off. 

I did try it out as an eyeshadow just to see if it shows up as nicely on my eyes as it does on my hand...and I didn't really like the effect as much. So I only found one way to use it.

I got mine a couple years back in the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. I was thrilled it contained products for face but to be honest I usually would forget I had it. 


As you can probably tell, it's just an OK product for me. I really wish the "pink" in it would have shown up. I've made a tiny dip in it and it will probably take me years to fully use it up, but I'm going to try! And stay away from gold/pink shades in the future. I did want to try the NARS shade but if it's like this, there's not really any point.




No comments:

Post a Comment