Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Southwest Egg "Muffins"

I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast almost every day. Overnight oatmeal. Sometimes when I'm lazy I'll just have fruit, and if I think of it, yogurt. I love watching people that breakfast prep though, although I already know it's not something I would do on a regular basis. Most people that breakfast prep seem to make egg cups. Just grab them and go, so I was happy when came across this recipe.

Having said that, I would never make these again. I spent hours in the kitchen and I was not happy with the result at all.


I made my own hash browns, peeled, shredded, soaked, drained, cooked....everything. Then I mixed up the egg batter. Put them in the muffin tin...let them cook. Went to take them out...STUCK. I used a non stick pan too. So I basically ripped them all out.

And then I tasted them, and the seasoning combination just wasn't right to me. Maybe too much cumin and it just doesn't balance out. Or maybe it was because I was missing some of the cheese it called for. I only bought one block and wasn't going back out to the store for more. And the hash brown wasn't that good. They didn't get crispy in the oven like they were supposed to, although that might have been my fault. Or maybe not.

So I didn't like them. ..at all. 

Then the pan- I let the pan soak, scrubbed, soaked, scrubbed...over three days. Until I just got frustrated and threw the pan out. 

I don't think I've tried a recipe I've hated making and didn't like the taste of in awhile. Ah, well. There's always one in a dozen or so.

No more egg cups for me. If I want some eggs, I'll just scramble them fresh......on the weekends. But I guess at least I got some veggies extra veggies in. 

Click here to check the recipe for yourself-although I wouldn't recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment