Thursday, April 27, 2017

Samples Review: Diorshow Mascara, Origins Out of Trouble Mask, and La Prairie Sunscreen Review

Been awhile since I busted out the sample goody jar and used up some of the samples I have. Most of the ones I have left now I seem to be saving. Not sure why..or for what. That's what I do. But I did manage get rid of these, so here we are. Review time.


1. Diorshow Mascara- I've heard a lot of great things about this mascara, and I really wanted to try it. But the nearly $30 price tag is a pretty great deterrent. I did manage to score a sample, I think from Nordstrom. Or maybe a goody bag from Sephora. A rather generous sample. First thing, it smells like roses. I kind of like it although I'm usually not a fan of rose scented things. This didn't irritate my eyes, gave me nice thick lashes with some length. The thickness was nice because it wasn't clumpy at all. Just seemed like it enveloped each individual lash with mascara and made it thicker and kind of wispy looking. The only real complaint I have is it seemed to dry up fast. But I did like it.


2. Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask - This was a very generous mask too. Supposed to be for troubled skin. So I used it when I had a spot trying to rear its big ugly head last night. It's still there, it hasn't grown though, but I can feel it an I know it's there. The mask is a thick white creme that smells like camphor oil. It has a very medicinal smell. And it kind of tingles. My face felt and looked pretty clean afterwards. I did find it hard to rinse though, and it left a weird white cast on my skin. Didn't like it enough to purchase it. It was just OK. I think it smells like it's supposed to work, and doesn't work as well as the scent leads you to believe it will. Does that make sense?


3. La Prairie Cellular Swiss UV Protection Veil- This must have been a free sample, because I would never pick it myself. I'm not a sunscreen girl. And I know they advise wearing it religiously. But I wear makeup most days, and you are supposed to apply it every two hours. Who has time for that? So I just don't wear it at all. I put Shea Butter on my skin, so I'm good. Anyway, it smells nice, not overpowering. But it leaves a white cast. So I had to rub it in really well. I guess it worked? My skin was like it always was. Wasn't in the sun much, and I don't get sunburn unless I'm literally cooking in the sun- thanks, melanin! I can say it's overpriced though, and if I were into sunscreen I would never, ever pay $185 dollars for 1.7 ounce of anything. 

So of the three, the only thing I would maybe purchase is the mascara. I do kind of want the full size. Just don't want to pay $30 for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment