Monday, August 19, 2013

Calvin Klein Euphoria Rollerball




The last perfume I reviewed was Vera Wang Preppy Princess. Of course, I used all of that. Surprisingly I miss it. I didn't love it...but I got so many people telling me I smelled nice and asking what I wore. Anyway, I bought this awhile back off of Macys for my mom. But it was actually another scent I was looking for so I kept this and gave her what I meant to get.

It was about twenty bucks but I think I got it basically free with a sale. Can't complain too much!

Anyway, I never smelled this so I ordered it blind.

Calvin Klein claims:

Mysterious. Provocative. Exciting. The fantasy and surprise of the black orchid creates a captivating oriental fragrance that contrasts exotic fruits, seductive florals and a rich, creamy signature.
  • Middle notes: lotus blossom, champaca flower, black orchid
  • Base notes: liquid amber, black violet, cream, mahogany
At first I didn't like it. It smelled kinda musky and like something a man would wear. 

Now I think it's OK.

But it still doesn't live up to the name.

I've gotten a few compliments. 


As always it's a little hard for me to describe. It's kinda berryish, with a little vanilla and musk. Terrible description I know. I think it fits with fall weather more than any other season.

For some reason, I can't really smell it on me after about an hour...but other people can so I guess that's a good thing.

The fact that it's a roller ball has it's negatives and positives. You can top up anywhere....but I miss having it spray out and spraying my clothes.

The packaging is cute. It's a little glass roller bottle...which is drop proof! ( I know, I dropped it on a marble floor)

Overall, I like it. Probably wouldn't buy another bottle. But it will be my fall signature scent until it's gone. Guess I'd better work on getting a winter scent. Any recommendations?