Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask


I definitely have a cosmetice catastrophe on my face. Last weekend I went to Frankfurt and stayed with my friend. Only I forgot my facial soap. I had to get the makeup off though and water just wasn't cutting it. That's when the hand soap started looking good. Not a good idea for my sensitive skin. I had a nasty breakout and still have a lingering pimple on my chin. So I kinda needed a mask to help fix that.


Lush claims:
Stops you making a mountain out of a molehill
You know those times when you get one or two spots and it throws you into panic? Well, this mask is here to lend you a bit of perspective, to tell you to calm down, it’s not the end of the world and it’s nothing that can't be sorted. Basically, this is your best mate in a pot.

Irish moss gel will soften the skin, whilst almond oil will moisturise and leave it supple.
Fresh blueberries are full of vitamins and minerals and are anitoxidant. Rose absolute and chamomile essential oil will reduce redness and irritation. Calamine and talc will deep clean and soothe the skin at the same time.
Combined together they provide your skin with a good deep cleanse without causing puffiness – leaving the face cool, clear and calm. 
This is a deep cleansing mask that it designed for regular maintenance to keep the skin clean and clear. Regular deep cleaning can avoid spots occurring and keep skin in top condition.
This a a blueberry mask. And I LOVE blueberries. So I was excited to try it. It's definitely the best smelling out of the three masks I've tried. It smells kinda floral. Not much like blueberries.

The texture is thick. The yoghurt with all the extra moisture sucked out. I had to add some water in order to get it to spread how I wanted.

It's a light blue mask..and on my sisters face it looked blue. On mine it looks white. Weird. You can actually see little pieces of blueberry skin sitting in the mask. 



Anyway, this mask is great for oily skin. I find it sucks up all the excess oil and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. And a tad dry. I really like it though because I have the oiliest skin and the hot weather doesn't help. I would probably steer clear of it in the winter time unless you have a few spots you really need to dry out!

It lasts about four weeks but to be honest I keep it and use it until it's gone. As long as it smells the same and you don't see anything growing in it, I think it is safe to use!

Of course it's pretty expensive here in Germany but if you live in the UK or US it's a lot cheaper.

Ingredients:
Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel, Fresh Blueberries, Glycerine, Almond Oil, Rose Absolute,Chamomile Blue Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil,*Limonene, Methyl Ionone, Perfume

Overall, I really liked it. If you have oily skin I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment