Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Toast and Cappuccino (Oily/Combination Skin Formula)



There are so many rave reviews on youtube, I thought I might give it a whirl. It retails for around ten bucks or so, if you live near Walgreens , Rite Aide or CVS you might be able to find a BOGO or buy 1 get 1 half off. 

Revlon Claims:
Want makeup that is flawless and weightless for 16 perfect hours? Revlon has the solution - ColorStay™ Makeup with SoftFlex™.

Specially formulated for combination or oily skin, this oil-free formula helps control shine all day and gives you flawless looking skin.

Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay™ formula.

Medium to full coverage, with SPF 6 protection*.

Color Match:
Unfortunately I could not find a color match. Caramel is too light and Cappuccino is too dark.Only I didn't know that until I bought it and put it on. It makes my complexion a lil' muddy. So I bought Toast to mix it with. Only I think I should have gotten rich ginger. It matches pretty good but I like a bright brown foundation as I find it makes my complexion look more radiant. The color I get when I mis the two I have is a neutral brown that doesn't photograph right (photographs like it has sunscreen in it.) In person it's fine though.



I mix it in an old glass container so I don't have to mix it every day.



Packaging:
Too cute and classy but no pump!!


Color Selection:
Pretty impressive for darker skins.  They have two shades darker than Cappuccino which is unusual for a drugstore brand. I just wish they would come out with a color in between Caramel and Cappuccino.

Scent:
It does have a scent, some say chemical but it smells perfumy and high end to me. I like it, it does fade pretty quickly.

Coverage:
I really love the coverage. It's medium but it cover's blemishes beautifully without looking cakey. It is a medium coverage but it is build able to a full coverage foundation.

Does it last?
YES. It stays on my skin forever. Humidity and even rain won't budge it. Sometimes when it rains I find that I get streaks in my makeup but not with this. It stays on until I'm ready to wash it off.  Make sure when your using it that you use a good soap, if not you may not be washing it off. I find it beneficial to use a toner to get the last little bits off. And no breakouts!!

Oil Control?
I does aight. I don't think a liquid is going to completely control my T-Zone. But I will mention something kinda weird. I wore this while working out and I notice my sweat would come THROUGH the makeup without the makeup budging. Weird. 

Ummm no SPF?
So I notice that the darker shades don't have any sun protection. I feel some type of way about that. I hope Revlon doesn't think that darker complected people don't need any sun protection.



Overall, if your lucky enough to have a color match I highly recommend it. It's probably my second fave foundation (my first being L'oreal HIP in Terra that has been discontinued). I think I'm going to look into more Revlon products as it usually been a brand I pass on.

5 comments:

  1. I have read so many good reviews about it. I hate that I have recently bought another makeup without being able to test it first. I'm looking for the perfect makeup for my wedding in two weeks, I think I will have some rehearsals with some foundations I already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wedding makeup!! This would definitely last the whole time because it's long lasting and if you cry (tears of joy!) it wouldn't leave streaks. Let me know if you decide to get it, hopefully you have one that will be perfect for your wedding already :)

      Delete
  2. Really helpful review! Thank you!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you used caramel?? The picture provided is of Toast (370) & Cappuccino (410). Caramel (400) is the shade missing between the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you caught that!!! Thanks I will update it now!!

      Delete