Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

 I'm not completely sure of the price but I believe I got this for ten dollars. They retail not for eighteen bucks and I can tell you now I wouldn't pay that much for it.

The Body Shop claims:
Drench your skin in a rich, intensive cream with a lush coconut scent that moisturizes for up to 24 hours and made with Community Trade pure organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil.
  • Absorbs easily to help condition, soften and smooth the skin, providing moisture for up to 24 hours.
  • Leaves the skin deliciously fragranced with the tropical scent of coconut.
  • Organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil softens and conditions skin.
  • Community Trade shea butter and Community Trade cocoa butter moisturize and soften skin.

Scent:
It's ok. It's coconut...not real coconut but the closest I've come to it a body product. (Bath and Body Works Exotic Coconut is more vanilla). The biggest let down is that it doesn't last. A few minutes after I put it on...it's nowhere to be found. And for an eighteen dollar butter..it BETTER stick around. Even if I paid ten.

Consistency:
This stuff is THICK. Like butter.An off white butter. I like that though. I find that it's so thick I get it out the container by swiping my fingers across it versus digging some out. Because it's so thick it does take a few minutes to absorb which doesn't bother me but it may bother some people. 

Moisture:
Not over the top moisture but it's pretty good.My skin stays soft all day. It probably wouldn't be good for extreme dry skin but if your skin is normal to dry (like it says on the container) than this is perfect.

Packaging:
It comes in a tub which some people claim is unhygienic. I use it out the shower so it doesn't bother be one bit. Besides it's probably to thick to put in any other packaging.

Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Trihydroxystearin, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance, p-Anisic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Caramel.

It has some pretty good ingredients...along with some bad. But it does have Cocoa butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, and Shea Butter. I do wonder why it has Sodium Hydroxide in it though.

Do I recommend it?
Nah, it's not worth eighteen bucks. If you can find it on sale than is worth a try. I do recommend sniffing it in the store.

Have you tried this butter? Love it or Leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment