Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Made Salsa!!

Well I based it on this on another recipe. But I don't grill and I didn't think I would like the grilled zucchini so I made just the top part. But I added lemon and tomato juice to it and WALA!!


By: Carole Hildebrand 
"Carole Hildebrand from Kelseyville, California tops zucchini slices with chunky homemade salsa to make this scrumptious side dish. 'I fix it often in the summer when I have the fresh vegetables on hand,' she notes."


Ingredients

  • 4 medium zucchini, sliced
  • 3 medium tomatoes, diced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced*
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Divide zucchini between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over zucchini. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.






It makes a delicious all natural treat!!! Yummy!! And it tastes fresher than the jar!!! Unfortunately I can't find the pictures of the finished product. But you all know what salsa looks like. And the onions weren't nasty in this. Yummy. It is important to note that the first day it was hot but the second day it wasn't. I think the tomato juice neutralizes the bite in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment