The Body Shop Claims:
- Lose yourself in the creamy, coconut-scented lather of this soap-free body wash made with Community Trade pure organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil.
- Best for: normal to dry skin
- Lathers up in the shower to leave the skin feeling clean, soft and deliciously fragranced with the tropical scent of coconut.
- Organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil softens and conditions skin.
- Sunflower oil provides additional moisture for a velvety smooth finish.
I was expecting to be in Coconut Heaven with this. But in fact I was just very underwhelmed with the scent. It didn't smell true to a coconut scent at ALL. Instead what I got was an artificial coconut lollipop scent. The scent was a deal-breaker for me.
Boring. But I can deal with boring as long as its functional. Which this isn't really. It's so hard to squeeze the product out the bottle. And although it's the same packaging that the other gel's are in, this is notably harder to squeeze.
I felt fresher and cleaner with other things. And I didn't notice the lather being any more luxurious with this than with the gels.
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PEG-5 Cocamide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fragrance, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Coumarin, Denatonium Benzoate.
Body Shop has never had an ingredient list in a shower product that has been impressive.
Would I recommend it? Err, no. I wasn't impressed at all. The Body Butter is a much better in terms of scent and doing it's job (still not a product I love), but if you must try something from the Coconut line then try something else.