Monday, June 20, 2011

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner


I bought these from Rite Aid for a total of six dollars. That means they were three bucks. Rite Aide was having a buy 1, get 1 sale and these bottles had 100 percent more product free, I couldn't pass this up, especially since they are usually six dollars a piece for the smaller bottles. I've never tried this brand but they have been on my wish list for a while.



Organix Shampoo:



Indulge your senses with this exclusive blend of organic coconut milk to nourish your hair, while ultrawhipped egg white proteins add strength and elasticity, along with weightless coconut oils to add hydration and balance.
Why We Love It...
It's like a trip to the tropics in a bottle.

Why You Want It...
The luxuriously creamy, foaming, hydrating formula leaves your hair feeling clean, glowing, softly scented and super soft.

What's In It for You...
Organic coconut milk and ultra whipped egg white proteins along with weightless coconut oil to hydrate and nourish your hair as gentle cleansers wash away impurities.

What It's In...
Organix® bottles are eco-friendly, manufactured from materials containing recycled post-consumer resin. All labels are printed utilizing environmental inks and compostable label film made form annually renewable resource corn, not form petrochemicals


So I'll get right to the point. It dries and tangles my hair.  But it smells good (more vanilla than coconut). It also seems diluted so I use a lot. THe actual shampoo seems like a cross between a cream shampoo and a gel shampoo. Wouldn't reccomned it. Plus the ingredients are not as organic as one might be lead to believe they are.



Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Parfum, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Cocos Nucifera Extract (Coconut), Albumen, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Coumarin

Organix Conditioner:


Ondulge your senses with this exclusive blend of organic coconut milk to nourish your hair, while ultrawhipped egg white proteins add strength and elasticity, along with weightless coconut oils to add hydration and balance.
Why We Love It...
It's like a trip to the tropics in a bottle.
Why You Want It...The luxuriously creamy, foaming, hydrating formula leaves your hair feeling clean, glowing, softly scented and super soft.
What's In It for You...
Organic coconut milk and ultra whipped egg white proteins along with weightless coconut oil to hydrate and nourish your hair as gentle cleansers wash away impurities.
What It's In...Organix® bottles are eco-friendly, manufactured from materials containing recycled post-consumer resin. All labels are printed utilizing environmental inks and compostable label film made form annually renewable resource corn, not form petrochemicals.

This smells even better than the shampoo (would be amazing if it stuck to my hair)! It's nice and THICK. I love thick conditioners, they just feel like they are gonna do great things for my hair. But this one doesn't do enough. It's detangling properties are just AIGHT ( I like old faithful better) and my hair doesn't feel very moisturzed after. Too bad because I had high hopes for this. Bummer.


Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Parfum, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Cocos Nucifera Extract (Coconut), Albumen, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Coumarin

For me this was a no go. I wish it worked for me though because I love the smell. Have you tried anything from the Organix line?

5 comments:

  1. That was a great deal i do prefer to use the conditioner more than there shampoo but still a great buy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm always checking papers! Rite Adie seems to do the deal every couple of months although they aren't the bigger bottles. Thank you for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhh wow no your really wrong, well i shouldn't say that everyone's hair and opinions are different and i respect that, but your analysis of this product is wildly different then mine! let me first just say, that list you put up of the ingredients must be wrong, i have the product and the Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is not there, and other then that everything else is natural and or will do nothing bad to your hair. Anyways! Organ-ix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner is my dream come true! I have thick, course, all natural, 4a, African American hair; and this product worked wonders on it. i am on a hair grow mission and my goal is 8 inches (from current length) in 6months. I have used the shampoo and conditioner for a while now and all i have is good things to say about it, it smooths DE-tangles and brings great strength to my previously weak brittle short hair. So far on my hair journey Ive grow about three inches in one month, and i know i couldn't have done it without this product, i actually think because of the strength it brought to my hair that its growing faster then i expected, it really brought my hair back for my perm days. And so here i was searching the web for kind complements about my life saver and i see this. ( no offense) All I'm trying to say is basically don't down grade the product just because it didn't work for you. Don't discourage your friends or family from this product please, because it is truly amazing. That's it really. ^___^ Thanks for listening,btw i also have a blog here on blogger/blog-spot. "B4 i was famous <3" it would be nice if you could check it out sometime because now I'm inspired to share the good word/results of this product in the near future. I'll even add a picture of my hair as proof. Thanxxx, hope to see you there. If you do ever get around to it, please comment ^___^ oh and if the product doesn't work for you DON'T KEEP USING IT! I also make my own shampoo (to cut down on cost [ wow you got yours for really cheap but where i get it it's like 10 dollars each!] and i make it cuz just in case i run out and i need a natural product i can trust) and i add things to my conditioner for extra emph! I'd be happy to share that with you.

    Conditioner routine:

    for natural or relaxed African American hair.

    1. Organix coconut milk conditioner/any conditioner

    2. mayo/mayonnaise (sound weird but it really dose extra luster and bonce)

    3. vinegar or lime juice (be warned the vinegar can smell a little so don't use to much/ the mayo to/ and the lemon juice can lighten your hair to brown so be careful with that too)

    4. vanilla (for smell)

    5. olive oil (for softness and strength)

    and
    6. (if you don't use the Organix conditioner) add one whipped egg to the mix.

    it might not smell the best but the vanilla will help loads! And the mix really dose the trick. Plus when its washed out all you smell is the conditioner.

    and when you do condition your hair do a deep condition at least once a week (or more), put it in your hair wear a shower cap and let it set for no longer then 4 hours (that's how long i let it set [4 hours]) or every other week do a co-wash ( look it up if you don't know its interesting)
    OK well i hope that helps :) bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and bye the way my name is Briyanna not anonymous. :) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting!

    I really can't recommend this product though..because it doesn't work for me. Most readers do take into account that my opinion is subjective and they know their results might not be the same as mine! There are products that IMHO work better than this at a cheaper price. I can appreciate the fact that it works for you though. And I don't add things to my conditioners because I expect them to work as is, and I know that when I give a review Im doing it on the product and not something doctored up! And I have to finish it, (broke college student plus hate throwing money away) And I put the ingredient list as it is on my bottle..weird that yours doesn't have that one ingredient, but FYI some of those ingredients they use may be linked to cancer. They are not all natural and completely harmless.

    I will check out your blog though and thanks for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete