Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nivea Creme:Made in Germany

So ever since I found out there was a difference between the Nivea Creme sold in the US and the one sold in Germany I knew I wanted to try the German made one. The one sold in the US is made in Mexico and supposedly isn't as good as the original. This creme is a household staple in most European households and is sold in all the German supermarkets since 1911. Since I live in Germany I thought I would take advantage of that.

Nivea Says:
NIVEA Cream - The unsurpassed skin care for every skin type.It gives your skin everything it needs to stay pure, fresh and well maintained. Free of preservatives makes NIVEA Cream skin care even more natural .Available in 30ml, 75ml, 150ml, 250ml and 400ml can and 100ml in the practical tube.
Skin compatibility dermatologically approved .
Recommendations :
Depending on your individual skin care needs, you can NIVEA Cream as desired for the face , hands and especially tough for the body (eg knees , elbows , feet ) use .


It comes in a cute blue tin but unfortunately the lid does not screw on. I bought mine for two euro fifty. It is THICK and while some people think the scent is "nostalgic" to me it smells like cheap shaving cream and on my body turns plasticky. And application is a nightmare. It is impossible to rub in and it turns my skin white. Plus it takes a while to sink in. But once it does it makes my skin soft and moisturized. My skin is still soft by the end of the day also. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I thought that because this stuff is so thick a little might go a long way. Not so much. It takes a BUNCH. I also have to mention that I hate this stuff on my hands and feet.

This cream has been called "poor man's La Mer". If you are familiar with the La Mer face cream you know that it is an EXPENSIVE face cream. And the only difference is supposedly a seaweed ingredient. It took some courage for me to put this stuff on my face. I thought it would cause me to break out. The first time I used this on my face it made my face bumpy. But by the next morning they were gone. I've continued to use this on my face and I'm surprised that I really like it. It helped clear up a a stubborn pimple I have and I haven't seen a pimple since.  It is nice and moisturizing and my face just feels smoother. It works wonder's on my younger sister's face. Her breakouts are nearly gone.

Ingredients:
Aqua , Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Cera , Glycerin , Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin , Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol , Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate , Magnesium Stearate , Parfum , Limonene , Geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, linalool , citronellol, benzyl benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol

I do think that it would be nice in the winter but I'm just not THAT impressed with it. I'd much rather use shea butter. But it was fun and inexpensive to try. Maybe one day I'll try the one made in Mexico and see if there is any difference. For now I've got my eye on the Soft version though. Are you a fan of Nivea? Ever used the cream?

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do believe that you ought to write more
    on this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but usually folks don't discuss such subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!
    Here is my weblog : example

    ReplyDelete