Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Biggs and Featherbelle Bar La-Mint Soap Review




After the last soap I had from this company (I hated the smell!), I would usually avoid the brand for a couple months. But I needed soap, and this is the only natural one my local store offers at better prices than what you would find online. I'm running out of options for the bulk soap since I've tried a good couple of them, except the mint ones. I've been avoiding them. For some reason, mint is never the first scent I reach for. But I grabbed it anyway this time, to get out of my comfort zone. 

Biggs and Featherbelle claims:
an English garden delight for dry skin


Key Ingredients
Olive Oil:
moisturizes & easily absorbs, does not clog pores
Lavender essential oil:
one of the most useful & versatile essential oils that relaxes, soothes, tones & is an antiseptic
Peppermint essential oil:
freshens, stimulates & soothes
Rosemary essential oil: stimulates & tones

So this is not straight up mint. It's a mixture of Lavender and Rosemary and mint, which takes the edge off the mint and softens it. So that way the scent is invigorating, refreshing, AND relaxing. I know that sounds like it couldn't possibly be, but it is! It really is super refreshing and leaves a bit of tingle, so excellent soap for after a workout. The Lavender really does add a little soothing and calmness. I really love this blend, which was very unexpected, because I was expecting just another mint blend.

This particular soap is listed under the "moisturize" tab. And it really does. Or at least I don't notice any dry skin or patches. So if I skip moisturizing, no big deal.

The lather is nice. Gets you super clean and fresh.

And it's all natural, and made in the USA with earth friendly packaging, especially since I get it from the bulk bin- but even if you don't, the packaging is still ultra recyclable.

Ingredients:
Distilled Water, Saponified Oils (Olive, Cocount & Palm), Alkanet Root Powder, Vitamin E & Essential Oil Blend (Lavender, Rosemary & Peppermint)

This is one of the better ones I have tried from the brand, and one I would recommend, especially if you are a fan of mint...or lavender...or rosemary. 

Now I've got to get a move on it. I need to make some cookie dough so I can bake up some cookies for work tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment