Saturday, September 19, 2009

Afrikan Republic Shea Butter Imported From Togo

So having tried the yellow shea and loving it I decided it was time to try the white. It costs $16.95 for 16 ounces at Afrikan Republic but I would wait until they have it three dollars off as it is often on sale.At this price it's a little bit over a dollar an ounce. Shipping is $6.95 and that three dollars off really helps.




It claims:

Afrikan Republic Shea Butter is a creamy, very high quality Shea Butter. Produced using traditional methods and made using shea nuts gathered in the wild, this is an unrefined Shea Butter - meaning it retains the healing and restorative power often processed out of a more refined Shea Butter. A highly refined shea butter is usually white and no longer has the characteristic smoky smell of unrefined shea butter. (the characteristic odor disappears as the shea butter is worked into your skin or hair)Afrikan Republic Shea Butter has many uses, including...


Dry, rough skinCracked skinTreatment of the symptoms of psoriasis and eczemaGeneral Moisturizer for skin and hairMakes thicker hair more manageableAdds essential vitamins that your skin requires to remain healthyAllows damaged skin to heal more quicklyThe Afrikan Republic brand of Shea butter has been produced in Togo (in Africa) and is shipped to the US monthly. This shea butter is noted for it's exceptional freshness and the high standards of quality during production.
I must say I love the packaging. Most Shea is packaged in ugly cheap plastic tubs but this packaging is really cute. T It comes with an aluminum type lid which I suppose is to keep it fresher longer.

So, it smells like the yellow. And melts the same too. The only difference I could find was that the yellow was a tad greaser which made it more ideal for my hair, but this one is better for my skin.

 It is a superior moisturizer. Once it sinks into the skin (and it does take a few minutes) your skin will be soooooo soft. It does have a nutty smoky odor that I'm not found of when I use it all over but it does eventually go away. It great for feet and hands and it lasts a long time. I've been using this since about the end of July on my body and hair and I've still got half left. I wasn't using it everyday though. If kept in a warm room it is much easier to spread as opposed to keeping it in a cool room. That's probably it's only downfall.



So to sum up this review, I love this shea butter. I love that it's non-comodegenic. I love that it's 100% natural. I love that it's great for hands, feet, face, knees, elbows, lips, and body. I love that this is fair traded. And Afrikan Republic has excellent customer service. But I will say you can probably get this same shea six dollars cheaper on www.agbangakarite.com. I can't recommend it though as I've never ordered from them. Here's the website I ordered from www.afrikanrepublic.com.


Enjoy the rest of the Weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. You can get even cheaper shea butter from hosiaonline at www.hosiaonline.com it's unrefined and the same kind. Funny how most people describe shea butter as having a nutty smell, to me it smells like cigarette smokes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I think that is a good description of how it smells. Thanks for the website, I may have to order from them in the future. And Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete