Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walking and Talking MAC

This isn't really a post about MAC products. Just a post about expenisve makeup in general. And the people that buy it. I watch alot of youtube video's about makeup and some people show their collections of makeup. I saw this one woman that I swear had at LEAST two thousand dollars worth of makeup. It was CRAZY. The crazy thing is there is no way that she could possible use it all up in her lifetime. Another crazy thing was that she seemed to only buy the higher end stuff. I mean, I guess there's nothing wrong with that and you gotta do what makes you happy. I don't know.

I kind of look at people that will only buy higher end makeup as snobs. My mom is a makeup snob. It's kinda funny though because she doesn't know that much about makeup.  She also doesn't wear it much. Mostly lipstick and that's it. But sometimes when I break out she attributes my breakouts to me wearing "cheap" makeup. But half the time the more expensive stuff is no better quality than what you would get in drugstore makeup. I definitely have compared ingredients too. Most times all you pay for is the name. I think it's kind of ridiculous. Now I'm not saying I won't ever use anything higher end.

I once got my face done by these ladies that work for Bovanti (expensive makeup) and I then took it off and used my drugstore makeup and decided that I looked better with the "cheap" stuff on my face. I don't know, but that's my little rant for today.  Maybe I'm just a cheapskate.