Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

So I had a Macy's Gift Card and as I never like the stuff they have in the actual store I just decided to get some Carol's Daughter. So I've reviewed four of her other products that were all misses, at least for my hair but I figured I minus well try more of her product line. I got the four ounce which runs for $10.50. Expensive. At least for me. Keep reading for the review.


It's Claims:
The power of seven essential oils, this creamy hair dress conditions your hair and scalp, helping to minimize breakage. Essential oils of sweet orange, lemongrass, patchouli, ylang-ylang, lavender, cedarwood, shea butter and rosemary make this a can't-miss item for the whole family. Lavender and sweet orange are powerhouses that rejuvenate. Cedarwood helps relieves an itchy scalp. Ylang-ylang, a rumored aphrodisiac that regulates oil production. Lemongrass and rosemary stimulates scalp circulation. Patchouli rejuvenates cells with anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties.



So, I guess I start with the scent. Which I loathe. Yes, I said loathe. In my opinion it smells like toilet water. Toilet water seasoned with Black Pepper. In my friends opinion it just smells spicy. I guess it depends on the person smelling it. Luckily it dissipates pretty quickly so I don't walk around smelling like I dipped my head in toilet water. So when rubbed this between my hands I was surprised because it wasn't as thick and greasy as I was expecting. In fact it was rather light. Not a bad thing. It sunk in easily and surprsingly me hair stayed moist the entire day. Big surprise. The first Carols Daughter product that was half way decent in my hair.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Ascorbic Acid, Xantham Gum, Potassium Sorbate.

The ingredients are pretty much natural. I just hate Corn Oil and Soybean Oil are the main ingredients. For the price, I'd rather there be more expensive oils.

So this was halfway decent. The only negatives are the price and the scent. If you can get past those, then I reccomend trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment