Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer


I jumped on the primer bandwagon. I was a little resistant to it because I feel like my foundation should just do it's job and I shouldn't have to buy any extra products to make it do so. But since primer's are all the rage and drugstore lines are carrying them I thought I'de give it a go. The most popular primer is Smashbox but I don't have smashbox money so I stuck with Revlon's.

Revlon Says:
Prepares face for flawless makeup application by smoothing skin and helping to minimize the appearance of pores.Apply after moisturizer and before foundation.Smooth primer onto face and blend outward.
Finish your flawless face look with sking matching makeup and concealer & highlighter.I got mine for about ten dollars which is pretty expensive. Especially considering it's not even an ounce which you get from most foundation. At that price it's more expensive than most drugstore foundation. The packaging is cute and
compact. And it smells lightly perfumed but I like the scent.

All you need is a small amount. It should last a couple of months. At first  I wasn't really sure it made a difference. Then I applied it to half of my face and left the other half bare. And it makes my foundation go on like BUTTAH. It makes foundation go on so smooth. And it blends much easier.I  can't comment on the pore shrinking as my pores don't give me any problems. I don't think it controls oil, or makes my foundation last any longer but it does what it says it will do.The texture is different. It's like a gel but once you rub it in, it becomes powdery. I did try to use this as a eye primer but it made my eye makeup crease like crazy. Better to just use it on the face.



Ingredients:

Trisiloxane , Dimethicone , Cyclomethicone , PEG , PPG-19 , 19 , Aqua (Water) , Glycerin , Dimethicone , Silsesquioxane Copolymer , Alcohol Denat. , Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract , Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract , Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract , Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract , Tocopheryl Acetate , Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate , Saccharomyces , Zinc Ferment , Saccharomyces , Copper Ferment , Saccharomyces , Iron Ferment , Saccharomyces , Silicon Ferment , Saccharomyces , Potassium Ferment , Polysorbate 20 , Polysorbate 80 , Silica Silylate , Parfum (Fragrance) , Limonene , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2-Hexanediol

It has alot of sutff in it I'de rather not put on my face but it's got some good stuff too. What can you do?


I like it and I recommend it. Just wait until it goes on sale as a Buy One, Get one Free or half off. And make sure you use it within two years of opening. Next on my list is the L'oreal and Rimmel Primer. Do you use primer? Does it make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment